Search Here For Exactly What You Need

hire writers ads

Latest Jobs today

Adsense Ads

Thursday 16 June 2016

How I Recover My Pot of Soured Soup with Oil & Onions



Why do Soups Get Bad?


It is not funny to cook an expensive soup only to find it swelling up and changing taste few hours later. What makes soup sour? My mum says its bacterial action, and I concur with her. My microbiologist friends also toe the same line, and they are not wrong. Bacteria makes soup sour. Where do they come from? The environment – surrounding the pot of soup and right inside. 



Once you disturb the ecosystem within or outside that “ministry”, prepare to risk trouble! That is why its best practice NOT to put a spoon into a pot of soup while not hot, on the heat or still steaming. At times you may get lucky, at other times, you may not be. 

 

A POT OF SOUP AFTER REFROMATION

A POT OF SOUP AFTER REFROMATION

Using Oil and Onions to Recover Spoilt soups


Now, how do I recover my pot of soup that just started getting bad? Well, there are many options out there you could use, but can you try my way? I invite you to discuss your own way of going about this. It could help another just as mine may help you.
I recover my pots of soured soup using onions and palm oil. Yes, onions and palm oil. Sounds funny right? Well, it’s a simple, cost effective way of restoring lost soups that has existed for years – thanks to ingenuity and the wisdom of the ancients. Sometimes it’s good to be close to the kitchen. Yeah. This however does not mean the soup will automatically revert back to the original mode – it will only help get it back on its feet, so you can run it for the time being. Why should you pour out an expensive pot of soup you’ve hardly ate twice? I’ve tried these steps several times and it works!

STEPS TO RECOVERING LOST SOUPS USING ONIONS & PALM OIL


You can recover your pot of soured soup using onions and palm oil I two ways:
You can either make a sauce with the onions and palm oil. Of course, you do not have to buy up all the onions in the market or all gallons of oil available to do this. Just N100 worth of onion and palm oil is just ok. I mean you buy both at N100. It’s just ok. 

To make sauce with your onions and palm oil;



a.     Dry your pot or sauce/frying pan in the heat (stove, burner, fireplace etc.)
b.     Before this time, you must have washed and sliced your onions
c.      Heat up the palm oil and when properly heated, pour in your sliced onions
d.     Add other ingredients like crayfish or fish if you wish
e.     Add seasoning cubes like Maggi, Knorr, Royco etc.
f.       Heat for some time, then bring down from fire.

Simply heat up your pot of soured soup. Add a cup of water. The water will help neutralize the effect of the souring in the soup to a great extent.

After some time, pour in your prepared sauce (above). Stem the whole pot for some time, then taste to see. Your soup should now have a new taste – much better than the initial one.


You can also do the above by simply slicing the onions and adding the palm oil on the ground inside the pot before heating up the whole concoction. 


Don’t forget to add water – at least 35cl volume. Don not add to much water, just add according to measure. That should do for now.

I’ve personally tried both methods, and it works. In situations of necessity, inventions are born. How do you restore you own soured soup? I would like to learn from you also.

Hmm . . . . So sweet!! But don’t forget the precautions I let down initially, that’s the best for PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE.


THIS IS A GUEST POST. CREATE YOURS
 



 




http://web.examsconnect.com/ppost-utme-html/








19 comments:

  1. i have a question on the preparation of the sauce. once the palm oil is heated and you pour in the onions, i believe the onions would get burnt in no time and will not be palatable anymore. my vegetables at the moment is sour just after a day of preparation and i want to restore it. so pls shed more light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heating has to be under low heat. It worked for me. Soup was sweeter than the original

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just drop charcoal into soured soup, warm it and it'll take care of it. You'd have your fresh soup back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drop peeled Irish potato into the soup, it acts as absorbent also getting ur soup back to its original taste

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can add potash in your soured soup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this solution. I just added palm oil, pepper and some spices. Soup is restored 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vegetable soup just got sour after a day preparation am trying to do the solution hope it works

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baking soda is also a great one to soured soup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ooo, I just got my egusi soup back😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks all for sharing your solutions on how to restore soured soup. I'm going to try it on my expensive egusi right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just want to try this palm oil and onion method into my egusi soup...

    ReplyDelete
  13. add a piece of charcoal into d soup while on fire; ur soup will be ok. I just did dat to d veg soup i cooked last nite dat went sour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks alot. Going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to try it now hope it works for me will get back to u guys

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for this. I just tried this method and my soup tasted even better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.. Tried baking soda.. N my ofe-akwu is back on track

    ReplyDelete

web.examsconnect.com